EmperorLinux is currently seeking Technical Support Advisors.
EmperorLinux is well known for installing and supporting the end-users'
choice of Linux distribution onto quality laptop and notebook computers.
Technical Support candidates require:
- admin-level experience with one of: Red Hat, Debian, Slackware
- user-level familiarity with several of these distros
- In-depth knowledge in Linux internals, including:
- the boot process using GRUB
- how window managers interact with the X window system
- TCP networking and Linux network configuration (with an
emphasis on wireless networking)
- package management (.rpm, .deb, .tgz)
- the Linux kernel compilation process
- how kernel modules work
and will be able to clearly communicate these concepts via written and spoken
Excellent interpersonal skills are required, as Technical Support Advisors
will be part of a team which responds to customers' questions and solves
problems proactively. Both phone and email communication are heavily utilized.
Successful candidates will be able to answer basic Linux questions that
end-users might have and know when a question needs to be escalated to the
This position is in our Atlanta offices, and no relocation package is
available. Therefore, local applicants are encouraged.
There is an opportunity for business travel 1-2 times per year at Linux
Please forward your resume, 3
references, and a cover letter (.ps or .pdf preferred) telling us of your
experiences using Linux.